- Project Date 11 Jul 2018
- Category Projects
About the project
Client: Bishop Douglass Catholic High School
Our Customer: Eyre Group
Project: Bishop Douglass Catholic High School
Location: East Finchley, London
Solution: Freestanding aluminium step units
Product Details: 5 freestanding aluminium step units complete with handrail
Bishop Douglass Catholic School is a popular secondary school in East Finchley, London.
The school had recently upgraded their heating and ventilation systems – however, the services for the new systems were predominantly roof-mounted, causing access and safety issues for maintenance staff.
The client needed a lightweight, non-penetrative and, most importantly, safe solution that allowed maintenance staff to safely move between roof levels and over newly installed cable trays and ductwork all year round.
This issue was highlighted just four weeks before the the project was due to be handed over to the school. It was crucial that we could plan a suitable solution and then deliver the project with such a quick turnaround but still to an exceptionally high standard.
Being an active school, it was imperative that minimum disruption was caused to maintenance staff, teachers, pupils, and anyone else using the building and its surroundings.
After close consultation with client, we decided that 5 freestanding aluminium step units complete with handrail was the most appropriate solution. Our step units are constructed from incredibly hard wearing materials and designed meticulously to provide many years of safety and structural integrity.
Our estimating team obtained all the necessary information to provide provisional costs, designs and time scales before visiting the site within just five days to carry out a detailed site survey.
Our installation team then worked quickly and professionally ensuring minimum disruption to the school’s day-to-day activities. The installation was completed within the agreed time frame, meaning maintenance staff could safely and easily access the buildings’ heating and ventilation systems and help keep the school running at optimum levels.
You can see the plans we drew up below:
Why choose Altus Safety?
Safety is everything when working at height, enabling workers to do their job without fear. At Altus Safety, we’ve helped keep thousands of people safe through our state-of-the-art safety systems and dedicated approach to finding a solution that works for each company and individual. We’ve been trusted to provide access equipment and fall protection systems across various industries and we can do the same for you.
Here are just some of the ways clients benefit from working with Altus Safety:
- Solutions that work for you – we work closely with our clients to develop a solution that works for them and their specific requirements.
- Minimum disruption – We work to ensure minimum disruption for all parties.
- Within budget & timescales – we go the extra mile to keep your project within budget and completed on time.
- Meets all legal requirements – all the systems we install are fully compliant with current legislation and safety test standards.
- Maintenance agreements – we can maintain our safety equipment to ensure several years of use.
- Wealth of experience – Throughout the teams, we have a wealth of experience to ensure the solution is right for you and installed to the very highest standards.